Going mobile – a how-to guide
Written by the experts behind Topshop’s award-winning iPhone app, this is a tour of the mobile landscape and a step-by-step handbook to designing, developing and marketing mobile experiences which are both engaging and profitable.
Going Mobile (pdf, 3mb) explores:
- Analysing the marketplace – who your customers are and what they want from mobile
- Defining the product – what it will do and how it will work with your infrastructure
- Creating a mobile brand, including mobile-specific design issues
- Choosing a platform – web or apps, iOS, Android? How to make the right choice for your customers
- User experience - task-based design and how to avoid reinventing the wheel
- Delivering, releasing and maintaining your mobile product, including a guide to Apple’s submission process and why it’s worth the effort
It’s also available as a handy 12-part podcast - Search for 'Going Mobile Podcast' on iTunes.