Corporate Social Responsibility
At Red Ant, we’re committed to running an ethical business. This means taking account of our social, economic and environmental impact, and consideration of human rights. Not only does it make good business sense, it complements our core business strategy and the values we live by as a company.
We work to six key principles
- Finding, supporting and developing great people.
- Respecting the values of employees, providing good conditions of work and equal opportunities, improving employee satisfaction and, through training, developing their intellectual capacity to benefit them and their overall quality of life.
- Encouraging high standards of professionalism throughout the company and promoting best practice in respect of ethical behaviour.
Health & Safety
- Embedded in all activities and processes for the provision of a safe working environment, wherever that may be.
- Managing our impact on the environment in a responsible and ethical manner.
- Managing business activities to maximise recycling opportunities and minimise the risk of pollution and waste.
- Being responsive to client needs and providing a quality assured service that incorporates all relevant legislative considerations.
Suppliers & partners
- Treating suppliers fairly.
- We oppose the exploitation of workers and we will not tolerate forced labour, or labour which involves physical, verbal or psychological harassment or intimidation of any kind.
- Through our volunteering committee PhilAnthropy, we engage with local communities through funding, support and work experience programmes.
- We aim to deliver gradual but continuous improvements in our performance every year.
We recognise that we have a responsibility to the environment beyond legal and regulatory requirements, so we’re focused on using resources wisely as we operate and grow our business.
We’re committed to improving our environmental performance and reducing our environmental impact, and we encourage our customers, suppliers and other stakeholders to do the same.
We purchase goods and services that minimise negative and enhance positive impacts on the environment and society as well as meeting our business requirements. By incorporating social, environmental and ethical considerations into purchasing decisions, we aim to make a positive contribution to the environment and society.
Our purchasing policies apply to both Red Ant and our suppliers and aim to ensure that we and our suppliers act in a responsible manner.
We recognise the importance of contributing to our community and the lives of the people who live in it, so we’ve established an employee volunteering programme: PhilAnthropy.
Our PhilAnthropy committee is made up of staff from all areas of the company who meet once every two weeks to organise community support and charitable activities.