L-R: Front End Engineer Isobella Bradshaw, Client Consultancy Director Emma Newman, Finance Manager Amy Stirling, COO Sarah Friswell, Red Ant Asia Co-founder/Regional Director Elisa Harca
There’s a gender diversity crisis in tech – PwC has studied it, the FT and Forbes among others have written about it.
Pay data experts Emolument did some research among 11,500 tech professionals and discovered that on average, 30% of tech jobs are currently held by women, with female employees paid 19-28% less than men.
Not at Red Ant:
- women make up 54% of the overall workforce, from board members to developer roles
- women make up 40% of the board
- women make up 65% of the director titles
- women make up 40% of the delivery team
- no pay gap
- flexible working, including working from home, makes it easy to fit work around life
- no age discrimination – school leavers up to 50+
- we actively recruit returners to work and career changers
- personal development and healthy work/life balance built in to policy
Leading women at Red Ant will be telling their stories about building, developing and running a successful business in a challenging, male-dominated industry – look out for them from next week.